Xtreme-G Driver for Dell Inspiron 14R

The reason why I bought my Dell Inspiron 14R (N4010) is to play games on it while on the road. Mostly I spend long hours traveling so I looked for mid-range gaming laptop that can handle games very well. Dell Inspiron 14R gaming caught my attention with its specs, Intel Core i3 @ 2.2Ghz, 2GIG of RAM (added 2GIG), and its ATI HD5470 - 1Gig VRAM.

However after installing the Tom Clancy's HAWX I noticed that its unplayable, The video driver that comes with it is a little bit outdated so I decided to use an optimized video driver. I've been using Tweakforce ever since so I  downloaded the Xtreme-G 10.10m Win7 64bit  and it worked, the game is running smoothly now. Currently I am playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and the system is working flawlessly. However, you need an extra cooling pad just to dissipate the heat and provide cooler air especially in the HDD and RAM area.


Here's what I did, after uninstalling the stock ATI - Catalyst driver and clean the drivers using driver cleaner pro, I installed the Xtreme-G Driver and everything is history.


So if you own a Dell Inspiron Laptop with ATI video, you can download the Xtreme-G and use it instead of stock ATI driver. I forgot to mention that the Xtreme - G by Tweakforce is a modified driver, it's optimized for gaming. So it would not harm your system. It's been 2 months now and I found no issues regarding my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment